Labour law sets clear requirements that employers must comply with and the LWO’s primary goal is to ensure that your business meets all of these requirements. Labour law is not negotiable and compliance requires specialist knowledge, which poses a business risk to the employer. The LWO has a team of highly trained legal advisors with roughly 235 years’ relevant experience and has been providing world-class labour law advice to employers across all business sectors for over 28 years.
The LWO and AccTech Systems hosted a workshop highlighting all the labour issues that employers may face on Wednesday, 21 February 2018 in Centurion.
Areas covered included:
- Digital transformation in the workplace
- Legislation overview and the labour environment in South Africa
- Employment contracts
- Rules in the workplace
- Myth busters – what you think you know!
- How technology can assist your HR environment
- Preparing yourself for tax yearend 2018
- Discipline in the workplace – consultations, warnings, hearings, proof, procedures, etc.
- CCMA cases
- Document management and auto reminders
- Managing your documents in the cloud
Our guest speakers included:
- Tertius Zitzke – CEO, AccTech Systems
- Karl Dinkelmann – Director: Data Enablement, Business Intelligence and Analytics, AccTech Systems
- Christo Bester – Manager: Legal Services, LWO
- Adv. Ernst Richter – Regional Representative, LWO
- Louis Croukamp – Director: Human Resource Systems, AccTech Systems
- Karen Beukmann – Sage HR and Payroll
Download the presentations here:
- Tertius Zitzke: digital transformation in the workplace
- Karl Dinkelmann: data enablement in the workplace
- Christo Bester: labour environment in SA, employment contracts, rules in the workplace, myth busters
- Louis Croukamp: sage 300 people
- Karen Beukmann: tax yearend 2018
- Adv. Ernst Richter: discipline in the workplace, CCMA, myth busters
- Karl Dinkelmann: doculine
Thank you for attending our workshop, we will keep you updated with regards to the next one!
Latest posts by Ansofie van der Walt (see all)
- LWO labour workshop – 21 February 2018, Centurion - March 1, 2018
- Employment Equity Act 2017 - November 10, 2017
- Steps to follow when holding a disciplinary hearing - September 29, 2016