New minimum wage – Bargaining Council for the Food retail, Restaurant, Catering and Allied trade (Pretoria)
There is a new minimum wage for the Bargaining Council for the Food retail, Restaurant, Catering and Allied trade (Pretoria) that came into effect on 17 July 2017, as released by the Bargaining Council.
Employers who resort under this Bargaining Council and are situated in the magistrate districts of Pretoria, Brits, Bronkhorstspruit, Cullinan, Rustenburg, Warmbad, Witbank and Wonderboom, must comply with this minimum wage.
Note that a percentage increase is applicable to employees earning more than the minimum wage as follows:
- Employees that earn a basic monthly salary of more that R40 000.00 per month is entitled to an increase of 5.5%
- Employees that earn a basic monthly salary of less than R40 000.00 per month is entitled to an increase of 7.5%
Small employers (employers who employ not more that 7 (seven) employees at any stage) may reduce the above mentioned increase by no more than 10%.
Please also note that the prescribed minimum wage may be reduced by no more that 10% for employees that is still on probation for a maximum of 3 (three) months.
Click here for more information regarding the minimum wage per job description and areas A & B.
Please feel free to contact us at 0861 101 828 for advise in this regard, or if you require any assistance in this matter. We are available 24/7.
Latest posts by Christo Bester (see all)
- False rumours regarding the national minimum wage - July 5, 2018
- New minimum wage – Hospitality sector form 1 July 2018 until 30 June 2019 - June 22, 2018
- Strikes in the workplace - June 18, 2018