EMPLOYMENT EQUITY ACT
csr (corporate responsibility)
agricultural sector providet fund
- Respect – we value our members and personnel and stand for the fair treatment of both
- Dynamic mindset– we focus on continuously exceeding our members’ expectations
- Quality – we take responsibility for the quality of our own work
- Leadership – we demonstrate leadership in everything we do
- Integrity – we demonstrate integrity in all of our actions
CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
The LWO is proud to offer our labour law training programme in the following agricultural schools:
JOIN THE LWO
AGRICULTURAL SECTOR PROVIDENT FUND
The LWO is a founding member of the Agricultural Sector Provident Fund (ASPF)
We should recognise the employers in the agricultural sector for the way they continuously act in the interest of employees. Every employee should pay attention to the crucial aspect of financial planning, and therefore, it is also important that an organisation such as the LWO Employers Organisation will participate in initiatives to provide affordable retirement, disability, death and funeral benefits for farm workers.
The ASPF offers several affordable plans with unique benefits to employees. A board of trustees originating from Agri SA, TLU SA and the LWO, together with professional independent trustees, manages and supports the ASPF. The board of trustees looks after affordable contributions and competitive benefits for participating farm workers.
When an employer makes the decision to offer the benefit of a provident fund as a condition of employment, existing employees have the option to belong to the fund or not. Their choice will be recorded in writing. However, employees who are employed after this decision is implemented are obliged to belong to the fund.
Employers should note that the Employment Equity Act applies to benefits such as a provident fund. This code is structured to ensure that employees are continuously treated fairly and to eliminate unfair discrimination in the workplace.
Since 1991 ASPF has been improving the lives of farm workers and farmers by providing flexible risk and provident fund solutions, with a growing membership of 20 000. The time spent in the agricultural sector has proven ASPF as a reputable and trusted provident fund.
The ASPF specialises in risk and provident products in the niche agri environment. ASPF knows that no farm or agricultural structure is the same; therefore, delivering a unique, versatile product is essential to the market. ASPF’s product is highly flexible and can satisfy various needs while still being uncomplicated to ease administration and limit costs.
- Provident fund (savings)
- Death cover
- Funeral benefit
- Cover for seasonal workers
- Disability cover
- Accident and bodily cover
- Prioritise withdrawal and retirement claims
- Annual member benefit statements
- Extended family funeral cover
- Assisting beneficiaries with claims and payments
- Beneficiary trust fund in the event of payments to minors
- Member sessions can be arranged for larger groups in African languages
- Funeral payments will be effected within 48 hours (subject to all required documents received)
- After joining the fund, members will receive a certificate of participation
- A management committee meeting can be arranged once per annum, depending on the size of the client
- ASPF – fees 1 October 2022, plan A-E
- ASPF – fees 1 October 2022, plan salary
- MEC Consult
- Meshack Mavuso: 082 727 2608 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Support: 012 845 0001
- Basie van der Merwe: 082 766 4584 | email@example.com
- Fund marketing – Ben de Jager: 071 495 3333 | 021 943 5412 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fund administration – Desiree Morreira: 021 943 5300 | email@example.com
The LWO team regularly invites the South African National Blood Service in their plight to collect donators’ blood. The LWO understands the importance of getting involved to enable change.
IS YOUR BUSINESS LABOUR-COMPLIANT?
FIND OUT NOW.
Stay ahead with our comprehensive compliance questionnaire. We’ll help pinpoint any gaps, ensuring you operate within legal guidelines.