Employment Equity Act 2017
Are you a designated employer?
An employer is seen as a “designated employer” when the following is applicable:
- Employers who employ 50 or more employees, OR
- Employers who employ less than 50 employees, but have at least an annual turnover as per the respective sectors set out below:
| Agriculture||R6 million|
| Mining and Quarrying||R22.5 million|
| Manufacturing||R30 million|
| Electricity, Gas and Water||R30 million|
| Construction||R15 million|
| Retail, Motor trade and Repair services||R45 million|
| Wholesale trade, Commercial agents and Allied traders||R75 million|
| Catering, Accommodation and other Trade||R15 million|
| Transport, Storage and Communications||R30 million|
| Finance and Business services||R30 million|
| Community, Special and Personal services||R15 million|
Obligations of a “designated employer”:
- Appointing a Senior Employment Equity Manager and establishing a committee – developing implementing and monitoring the plan, hold regular consultations.
- Drafting an analysis (EEA12) – what are the challenges and action measures in the workplace.
- Drafting an Employment Equity plan (EEA13) – how does the employer propose to establish employment equity in the workplace.
- Submitting Employment Equity reports (EEA2 and EEA4) – reporting information on progress made regarding the implementation of the plan
The submission dates are as follows:
- 2 October 2017 for hand submissions at your local Department of Labour
- 15 January 2018 for electronic submissions
What is the reporting period?
The LWO can assist you with:
Consultation as facilitation
During consultation the LWO assists with the drafting of an analysis, an employment equity plan and other applicable documentation, as well as all other aspects to ensure compliance with the Employment Equity Act.
The LWO can also act as facilitator to establish a committee and holding consultations to ensure that you follow the correct procedure.
Drafting Employment Equity reports (EEA2 and EEA4)
The LWO assist with the processing and compiling of information, as well as submitting of reports. We have also prepared documentation to assist you with the process. The LWO can send you this documentation via e-mail or fax, as well as offer assistance to process and compile the information and submit the reports.
IS YOUR BUSINESS LABOUR-COMPLIANT?
FIND OUT NOW.