FREE LABOUR AUDIT FOR ALL NEW MEMBERS
Do it right. Wipe the slate clean with a thorough labour audit.
Ensure 100% compliance with your specific business industry’s unique requirements whilst protecting your business and your rights as employer.
South Africa’s labour environment is highly regulated and every workplace is unique. Employers must take care to comply with labour law, which requires specialist knowledge. However, there are several myths surrounding labour law that lead employers to believe in good faith that they are acting correctly, while in fact putting their business at risk.
Employers can use labour law to their advantage and protect their business and rights as employers. As a business owner, it is important to anticipate what can go wrong with regards to the employment relationship, in order to be best positioned going forward and mitigate risk.
LABOUR AUDIT: AN INFORMATION AND IMPLEMENTATION SESSION
Upon joining every LWO member receives proactive training so that you know exactly what is expected of you – a labour law audit is included with 100% compliance in mind, during which all labour law documentation is provided, explained, discussed and implemented – including employment contracts, policies, procedures, posters, etc.
This extensive information session ensures compliance as well as educates the employer regarding legislative requirements, terms and conditions of employment, discipline in the workplace, etc.
INDUSTRY SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
The Basic Conditions of Employment Act (BCEA) establishes and enforces the minimum statutory terms on which employers and employees may contract. However, some business industries however have additional requirements that will rank superior to the BCEA. These additional requirements may apply depending on your main business activities, which will determine your business industry in terms of labour law.
As part of the labour audit, the LWO will review your main business activities to determine which labour legislation applies to your business specifically, ensuring compliance.
JOIN THE LWO
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE PACK
The pack includes the following:
1. Information and implementation session (this labour audit session is virtual or in-person depending on the membership package)
2. Documentation USB – The documentation USB (members only) is a compilation of all labour law documentation for a specific business. It is uniquely compiled for each employer depending on the applicable sector/industry in which the employer operates. It contains all legal documentation required:
- Applicable labour legislation
- Employment contracts
- Application forms
- Disciplinary forms
- Consultation documentation
- Retrenchment documentation
- Grievance documentation
- Trade union documentation
- Termination of employment documentation
- Documentation regarding strikes/industrial action
- Policies and procedures, etcetera.
3. Bilingual labour law posters (English/Afrikaans) – According to labour law, the following posters must be displayed in the workplace: the Basic Conditions of Employment Act, the Employment Equity Act and the Occupational Health and Safety Act. The LWO’s (summarised) laminated, bilingual (Afrikaans | English) posters have been designed solely with this purpose in mind. Available posters include:
- Basic Conditions of Employment Act (BCEA)
- Employment Equity Act (EEA)
- Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA)
- Disciplinary code – the LWO strongly advises employers to display a relevant and up to date disciplinary code with the employer’s rules and proposed sanctions, in the workplace.
4. Incident book – The incident book is a personal workbook for everyday use. It consists of a disciplinary code, calendar (previous, current and following year), a year planner, record keeping of the annual rainfall and temperature as well as all workplace incidents, notes and an LWO One stop labour shop order form. It is very important to keep record of all incidents in the workplace.
Peace of mind
One of the greatest advantages of LWO membership is the peace of mind you gain from knowing your business fully adheres to labour law. Labour legislation can be of immense value to the employer if used effectively. Making a mind shift regarding compliance from an “administrative burden” to “risk mitigating tool” can save employers a lot of time and money in the long run.
JOIN THE LWO
IS YOUR BUSINESS LABOUR-COMPLIANT?
FIND OUT NOW.